Notification date: Wednesday 12th July 2017
Information for Authors
Submitted abstracts will be assessed by the Council and allocated on the basis of the scores to Plenary, Short Papers (oral), or Poster sessions. Submissions may be in the categories of Oesophagogastric, Hepatopancreatobiliary or Bariatric. Abstracts of a general upper GI nature should be submitted in the most appropriate or any category. Abstracts should not have been presented elsewhere at the time of submission. Please note that all accepted abstracts, whether for oral presentation or poster presentation, will be published in the AUGIS Programme and on the British Journal of Surgery website (citable).
Plenary and Short Paper Presentations
All presentations throughout the meeting will be delivered using PowerPoint format and authors will be sent detailed guidelines prior to the conference.
Posters will be displayed for the duration of the meeting. Poster presenters will be sent detailed guidance notes on the poster rounds and adjudication in advance of the Scientific Meeting.
- All abstracts chosen for presentation will be contacted by Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Successful authors will be required to register for the meeting. Please go the registration page for more details.
We recommend you apply for study leave well before this date to ensure that you are able to present your work at the meeting.
How to submit your Abstract:
To submit your abstract, please follow the link below which will take you to the log on page to complete your abstract: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/events/68/submission
Please note that you must:
- Complete your abstract using the online submission system only
- Please use the text boxes provided and keep within the word count as per the instructions
- Remember that any changes to your abstract can only be done before the submission deadline date of Monday 26th June 2017, so please ensure that you have checked all spelling, grammar, author details and affiliation details, as this cannot be changed once the deadline date has closed.
- The online submission process has been updated for 2017 to make the submission process simpler and easier to use but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at all.
Please follow the link below to submit your abstract: