AUGIS Travel Fellowships
The 2017 AUGIS Travel Fellowship is now closed
Criteria for applicants:
- Applicant must be an AUGIS/BOMSS Trainee Member (or newly appointed consultant)
- Detailed plan and purpose of travel / visit
- Acquisition of skills and experience not available within own unit
- Breakdown of proposed costs
- A letter of support from their own unit to support their visit.Applications to observe / study in other units are favoured but applicants who are to present at /or attend overseas meetings will also be considered. Awards are intended to help support short term visits (typically <6 weeks) and are not intended to support surgeons going to funded long term posts.
Conditions of Award:
Any applicant successfully awarded a grant must produce a comprehensive report (a maximum of 500 words) including photographs which will be featured in the AUGIS newsletter and be uploaded on to the website. Production of this report is essential to the award being paid. Funds must be used within 18 months.
The winner of the 2016 Travel Fellowship is Mr Mohan Singh of Royal Shrewsbury Hospital who will be visiting the Department of Surgery at Queen Mary Hospital in Hong Kong.