AUGIS Travel Fellowships
Congratulations to the following who have each been awarded a 2013 AUGIS Travel Fellowship:
- Mr Jawad Ahmad, Mater Hospital, Belfast
- Mr Andrew Davies, Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Mr Derek McWhirter, Royal Liverpool University Hospital/ University Hospital Aintree
- Ms Jolene Witherspoon, University Hospital of Wales
- Mr Vincent Yip, University Hospital Aintree
The 2014 AUGIS Travel Fellowships will open later in the year.
Awards on Offer:
Awards up to £2,000 (up to 5 awards)
All applicants must submit the application form covering in full the following criteria:
- Detailed plan and purpose of travel / visit.
- Acquisition of skills and experience not available within own unit.
- Proposed costs.
- Trainees will require a letter of support from their own unit to support their visit.
Applications to observe / study in other units are favoured but applicants who are to present at /or attend overseas meetings will also be considered. Awards are intended to help support short term visits (typically <6 weeks) and are not intended to support surgeons going to funded long term posts.
All application forms will be assessed by the AUGIS Executive Committee.
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 1st February 2013 and will be reimbursed once the proposed trip has taken place and relevant receipts produced.
Please click here for a downloadable application form, or you may request one from the AUGIS office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Award:
All applicants successfully awarded a grant must produce a comprehensive report including photographs which will be featured in the AUGIS newsletter and be put on the website. Production of this report is essential to the award being paid.