The 2015 AUGIS Travel Fellowship is now open for applications with one award of up to £2,000 available.
All applicants must submit the AUGIS Travel Fellowship 2015 Application Form covering in full the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an AUGIS/BOMSS Trainee Member
- Detailed plan and purpose of travel / visit.
- Acquisition of skills and experience not available within own unit.
- Breakdown of proposed costs.
- A letter of support from their own unit to support their visit.
Applications to observe / study in other units are favoured but applicants who are to present at /or attend overseas meetings will also be considered. Awards are intended to help support short term visits (typically <6 weeks) and are not intended to support surgeons going to funded long term posts.
The deadline for applications is 9am, Monday, 17 November 2014.
Any applicant successfully awarded a grant must produce a comprehensive report (a maximum of 500 words) including photographs which will be featured in the AUGIS newsletter and be uploaded on to the website. Production of this report is essential to the award being paid. Please note that the funds must be used within 18 months.