AUGIS (Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery of Great Britain and Ireland) is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and suppliers to ensure they are as efficient and as sustainable as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our members and suppliers.
- Source and promote IT and office solutions and conference opportunities to minimise the environmental impact of both the charities aims and activities.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Charity
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use equipment and printing, along with encouraging the use of sustainable transport options for staff, trustees and members, including reducing the number of national and international air flights used by the association and its representatives.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.