AUGIS welcomes applications for the AUGIS 2023 Travel Fellowship Awards
Travel Fellowship Award on offer: One award of up to £2,000
All applicants must submit the application form attached covering in full the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an AUGIS Trainee Member - or newly appointed consultant (1st year)
- Provide a detailed plan and purpose of travel / visit.
- Provide details of the skills and experience that will be acquired which are not available within own unit.
- Provide a breakdown of proposed costs.
- Provide details on anticipated duration of visit
- A letter of support from own unit to support their visit.
Applications to observe / study in other units are favoured but applicants who are to present at /or attend overseas meetings will also be considered. Awards are intended to help support short term visits (typically <6 weeks) and are not intended to support surgeons going to funded long term posts.
Click here for a 2023 Travel Fellowship application form
- Deadline for applications: 09.00hrs on Monday 9 January 2023
- All application forms will be assessed by the AUGIS Education & Training Committee
- The successful applicant will be notified at the beginning of February 2023 and will be reimbursed once the proposed trip has taken place and relevant receipts produced.
- Application forms are downloadable from the AUGIS website or directly from the AUGIS office.
Conditions of Award:
The applicant successfully awarded a grant must produce a comprehensive report (a maximum of 500 words) including photographs which will be featured in the AUGIS newsletter and be uploaded on to the website. Production of this report is essential to the award being paid. Please note that the funds must be used within 18 months.
Deadline for applications: 09.00hrs on Monday 9 January 2023. Please email email@example.com for an application form in word format
Mr Simon Galloway
AUGIS Honorary Secretary